Thursday 2 December 2010

analysing layout


Header; EMPIRE is an established well known film magazine: this is implicit in the example to the left -
People will know what the magazine is and what it is ahout even with the title being obscured.
This is very simplistic but effective, you know what its about and you know the actors. This is what i am aiming for in my layout.
I do not like the layout of this but it does apply to the conventions. on the other examples they are very bright and colourful, this is not, therefore my first impression would be not to read this article.
I do like how the name of the artist is very noticable.

I like how the interviewee is sitting on the text on the right, and i like the layout however it looks like there is more photos than text. Thereofre if i were to use a layout like this i wouldnt put as many photos in, or i would possibly make the photos a bit smaller.



I like the layout of this as it applies to the conventions, however
i feel that

I have had a go at creating layout ideas - see below - but they do not fit with layout conventions; i needed to look at existing examples to identify strong and weak conventions








No comments:

Post a Comment